In 1974, Dr. Hodnik moved to Fairbanks, Alaska with her husband and young son, Andrew. Her son Frank was born their second year in Alaska. She began her dental career in the office of Fred Bast, D.D.S., where she was trained as a dental assistant and later as a dental lab technician.
At the University of Alaska, Fairbanks she completed her undergraduate studies and fulfilled the requirements to attend dental school. Dr. Hodnik attended the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco, California and attained her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree.
"Dentistry was love at first sight and has been a very fulfilling career for me. I started on the very beginning rung of this career and moved through most of the positions one can have in a dental office. I realize that there are aspects that I like more in dentistry and I have specialists do those procedures that I feel they have the more specific training for."
Dr. Hodnik came to Homer in 1990 and plans to be here for the rest of her life. Homer offers all the outdoor activities that she and her family enjoy. Gardening has become the primary summer time passion her family enjoys. She enjoys spending time and traveling with her grandson, Jacob. Quilting and beading offer Dr. Hodnik the opportunity to create other types of art outside the realm of dentistry.
- University of Minnesota, Duluth
- University of Alaska, Fairbanks
- University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco
- American Dental Association
- Alaska Dental Society (Past President)
- Kenai - Kodiak Dental Society (Past President)
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American College of Dentists
- International College of Dentists
- Rotary International
- South Peninsula Hospital Service Area Board (Past President)
- Board of Directors of South Peninsula Hospital